Testing, testing and more testing

The previous week, was very eventful. I and my mentor were discussing on the plans of implementing, the groups and permissions feature, which I had planned earlier. However, we concluded that it would be better to clean up the current code, and perform more rigorous testing so that the current implemented features are robust and performance centric. So, have placed the permissions stuff on the shelf for the time being. So far I have been testing via the API, filed 1.7 million bugs or so, only to realise that I wont be able to access those, as I had missed the product versions in each, which I have made compulsory as a part of design decision. So I fixed that part, and am refiling more bugs. The testing which I have done so far, have the result as follows, when only 1 user makes a request at a time:

  • Fetching 10,000+ bugs takes around 1-2 seconds.
  • Filing a bug via API takes around 2-3 seconds(on an average).
  • Filing bugs via the UI(mechanize) takes 4-5 seconds (on an average)

I know the above numbers are not impressive, and the reason behind the same, is that I used mysql at places wherein I should have used redis. So I am onto that now, and more testing, which would be followed by the initial RPM packaging of the application. 😀

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s