Post Midterms: Bugspad now into dev-testing stage 2

Cheered that I passed the midterms 🙂 . Hats off to my mentor Kushal Das, who has been patient with me, throughout literally helping me with tiny bits, and bearing my silly mistakes. Have learnt a lot under him. Got a new instance with Thanks a lot to the fedora-infra team . This would be used for doing my dev-testing with larger data sets, and real time performance assessments. I have added a error logging system, to log in the various printf statements throughout my code. I have also refactored it to make it more clean and understandable. My next target is to fix the current crappy UI of bugspad with bootstrap, and use the bugspad api, to do testing on a larger data set. Am excited about it! 😀


Bug fixing on bugspad

This week was spent mostly on fixing the tiny bits of bugspad. 

Did the following:

  • Removed unneccessary binary files.
  • Added missing changes for using redis bug tags.
  • Bugs cannot be closed unless all dependent bugs are closed.
  • Emails are not visible if the user is not logged in
  • Added missing status tag
  • Auto change of status from new to open upon commenting

I am currently working on the search interface which is planned to be completely built
on redis, the main indregient in the lightning fast nature of the planned bugspad. – Into the dev testing phase.

Am greatly excited, to tell that Bugspad has entered into the dev testing phase of development, wherein we would be testing it on my mentor’s server. Btw, it is not feature complete but you can have a first look at As for the week I added the basic admin interface and added in missing features.

  • Added bug assignee and version tables, modifying corresponding tables and templates.
  • Fixed Null bugs, components, products editing page.
  • Added feature for adding in attachments to bugs.
  • Added dependencies and fixed the correponding table schema.
  • Added support for filling in assignee, dependencies and docs maintainer at bug filing page.
  • Added auto-comment on adding blocks and depends on.

Overall many features were added in. Now since we are into production environment, would love to hear feedback before feature complete testing can begin.

Bugspad finally deploy ready (dev-testing)

After nitty-gritty fixes and additions. Bugspad is finally deploy ready. Have added many missing features and bugfixes which are listed below. Finally I would be deploying on my mentor’s server with nginx. and test it in production.

  • Added feature for editing QA, Docs.
  • Made a separate page for CC list editing.
  • Integrated auto comment upon changing of bug fields.
  • Gave a uniform grey feel to the bugspad UI.
  • Resolved errors due to renaming in the code.
  • Tested the features implemented.






End of week 2

Week 2 comes to an end. There was plenty of things which was new to me. Upon discussing with my mentor, we decided not to puruse the OpenID as of now, which was what I mentioned in my proposal. It was decided that I start on the admin interface instead.
During this week, I did-

  • The basic CUD(Create, Update, Display) for the Bug was ready. Then I studied as a reference as to how the workflow should be.  Now I had to make it into a presentable UI. My CSS/HTML is not state of the art. So initial attempts were’nt so good. However, I managed to give it a good layout to it in the end, and am working on the color schema and the fonts currently.
  • I studied the admin interface of bugzilla, by installing it locally on my system, and started working on editing Products, editing Components, and editing User, for the admin panel. I integrated them, and it is working smoothly.
  • I also looked at the bugzilla table schema and see how it can be improved, and added the versions tables for components and products both.

Currently my prime task is to make bugspad deploy ready ASAP, by giving it a good aesthetic look, and fixing logic issues if any.  And once deployed it would be easy to recieve feedbacks from the fedora-infra team and the community in general.