My First Testing Script!

Well, past two days I’ve tried to implement the basic testing feature, which compares, two fonts, by generating bitmaps of glyphs. I have basically used a method provided by fontforge, to export the glyphs with the desired pixel size and depth. Then  using the Pillow library in python I compared the pixels bit by bit, and generated a score on a scale of 0-100, with 100 being the ideal case (identical) and 0 being the worst case (completely dissimilar). This I have done over the entire set of glyphs in the font . The runtime of comparing 1000 glyphs was around 4-5 seconds, which I think is doable currently (however I am trying to optimise this!).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s